How I learned English
I've learned (American) English essentially by studying grammar in school, playing a video game online for a few years, watching TV shows, studying phonetics, and reading and writing English on a daily basis.
I've written extensively about it here:
- How to Learn English (book)
- Over at BilingueAnglais.com (in French):
- Comment devenir bilingue en anglais (book)
- Le don des langues (book)
- Our blog pour apprendre l'anglais
- And now on Click & Speak's blog to learn English.
My current interest in English is accent training and how far one can improve one's accent to sound like a native.
I've been saving notes about English and languages, for work or for fun, for years. I'd like to start sharing some here and eventually move the most interesting ones out of my own computer and store them here.